Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pineapple Stuffing

Christmas Ham, Easter Ham, Boxing day or Cinco De Mayo.  It doesn't matter WHEN you make ham, you won't do it without this delicious side dish.  I can't even remember where this recipe came from. I wish I could because I would give that person a giant hug. 
This pineapple stuffing is almost like a bread pudding....no no don't make that face...it's good!
It truly can't be any easier either.  I have adjusted the recipe over the years to suit my taste.  Less butter and sugar, more bread and eggs. 

Ingredients:

5 tbs softened butter
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (with juice)
3/4 C sugar
5 eggs
8-10 slices white bread

Baking instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat or whisk together the butter, eggs, sugar and pineapple until thoroughly mixed.  Tear the bread in pieces and fold into the mixture.  If the mixture still seems quite liquidy you can add a couple more slices of bread. I have used up to eleven.  Transfer into an 8X8 or 9X9 baking dish.  Bake for about an hour until bubbly and the top is light golden brown.  Let stand for about 10 minutes and serve beside your Halloween Ham. 

                                                                                                

8 comments:

  1. WOW! this is awesome girl! It's perfect for ham. I totally want to make this. Larry loves ham...maybe I'll do this for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of our family's favorites! It is asked for at most family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is fabulous stuffing! pineapple . . gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a sweet stuffing before ~ This sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making this today for my husband...thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't remember how I found this recipe but I made it yesterday for Easter & it was delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound so good.....can you substitute the pineapple with peaches?

      Delete
  7. Is the butter teaspoons or Tablespoons

    ReplyDelete